Management = decision-making. Making the right decisions at the right time is most probably the most CSF(critical success factor) for property managers and trustees. Thus the importance for the LTMP (long-term maintenance plan) to cater for this needs.
Over and above the overarching long-term plan , the financial forecast and activity framework, that forms basic construct of a LTMP, must the LTMP include capacity to inform life cycle decisions to be made through out the life cycle of the property.
here are some of the key questions :
- When to replace vs repair a structural item?
- What/when/where/who activities to action?
- Failure propensity for aging structural items?
- Annualized contribution per structural item?
- Current replace value?
- Current accumulated depreciation?
- Life expectancy & remaining life expectancy?
- Degradation & failure tolerance?
- What items and activities are priority?
The LTMP compiled by PMD includes all the metrics to answer these questions.
Please refer to you LTMP guide or contact us at Plan@propertymd.co.za for more information